It’s all about showcasing our maritime industry and celebrating its important role in our community and the regional economy. Today, the maritime industry has never been stronger – or more important to our region. Our maritime industry is annually worth nearly $38 billion to state economy.
From April through June each year, join the celebration of our Five Star Working Waterfront at the Harley Marine Seattle Maritime Festival during Maritime 101. This Fall, don't miss the Fishermen's Fall Festival and other free activities during our Seafood 101 celebration.
Discover how business, labor, government and community leaders are working together to grow our important working waterfront. And check out the economic value of the maritime and fishing industries and the diversity of career opportunities!
Seattle Maritime 101 and Seafood 101 are produced by the Seattle Propeller Club, the area’s largest and most diverse maritime industry association. The Club’s mission is to promote maritime commerce in the Puget Sound and it holds monthly luncheons, the Maritime Gala, golf tournament and other annual programs. To learn more, visit www.SeattlePropellerClub.org.
Because around here, Our Maritime Matters.
1. Significant Economic Impact - The region’s maritime industry cluster makes a significant contribution to our regional and global economies. Did you know Washington State Maritime in was responsible for more than 148,000 direct and indirect jobs?
2. Quality Jobs and Careers - The industry offers well-paying family wage jobs and diverse career opportunities. Did you know the average annual salary, before benefits for maritime industry employees, is $70,800 - $20,000 more than the average wage in Washington?
3. Excellent Products and Services: The maritime cluster delivers excellent products and services with the highest level of customer service. Did you know that there are more than 2,000 maritime businesses in Washington?
4. Commitment to Sustainability: The industry is committed to environmental sustainability and the long term health and vitality of the community. Did you know the Clean Truck Programs require trucks serving Seattle and Tacoma terminals to have newer, cleaner-burning engines to reduce diesel emissions?
5. Growing the Working Waterfront: Our region is passionate about the maritime industry, growing the working waterfront economic sector and building strong working partnerships between businesses, labor, the community and government. Did you Washington is one of the few states with a Maritime Sector Lead to help coordinate the development of the industry?
Seattle Maritime 101 is sponsored by a unique partnership between business, labor, industry associations and government. To learn more about each of the partners, please visit the sponsor page on this website.
Presenting Sponsors - Seattle Propeller Club, Port of Seattle, and Harley Marine Services.
Industry Sponsors - Crowley Maritime, Foss Maritime, and The Northwest Seaport Alliance.
Supporting Sponsors - Seattle Maritime Academy - Seattle Central College, TOTE Maritime Alaska and Vigor.
Industry Partners – Columbia Bank, Global Diving & Salvage, Jones Stevedoring, Manson Construction, Marine Exchange of Puget Sound, Manson Construction, International WorkBoat Show/WorkBoat magazine, Island Tug and Barge, Pacific Fishermen Shipyard, Pacific Marine Expo/National Fisherman, SSA Marine | Carrix, Washington Chain and Supply, and Western Towboat.
Industry Supporters - American Seafoods Group, Argosy Cruises, Bauer Moynihan Johnson, Fisheries Supply, Glosten, Markey Machinery, Pacific Seafood Processors Association, Pingle, Port of Everett, Harrigan Leyh Farmer & Thomsen, Track Your Truck & Straight North, and the Transportation Institute.
Maritime Friends - American Waterways Operators, Ballard High School Maritime Academy, Center of Excellence, Marine Manufacturing & Technology, Skagit Valley College, The Center for Wooden Boats, Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, Economic Development Council of Seattle & King County, King County Maritime, Lake Union Working Group, Manufacturing Industrial Council, Marine Exchange of Puget Sound, Maritime Folknet, Museum of History & Industry, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, North Seattle Industrial Association, Northwest Marine Trade Association, Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding, Northwest Seaport, Pacific Merchant Shipping Association, Puget Sound Maritime, Puget Sound Ports Council, Maritime Trades Department AFL-CIO, Sailors' Union of the Pacific, Sea Scouts, Seattle FIREBOAT Duwamish, Seattle Marine Business Coalition, Seattle Maritime Academy, Seattle Propeller Club, Tacoma Propeller Club, Transportation Institute, Virginia V Foundation, Youth Maritime Training Association, Washington Maritime, Washington Maritime Federation, and WorkBoat Maintenance & Repair Conference and Expo.
Media Partners – KOMO Television, KIRO Radio, National Fisherman, and WorkBoat Magazine.
Join the celebration of our working waterfront.
Maritime Day in Olympia
January 26 – February 3
Seattle International Boat Show
CenturyLink Field, South Lake Union, and an all-new location at Bell Harbor Marina
SO²UND Day – Sail Off On Unique Nautical Discoveries – A Maritime and Marine Science Exploration Day!
Youth Maritime Collaborative
Seattle Maritime Academy
Duwamish Alive! Restoration and Cleanup
Earth Day at Shilshole Bay Marina
Seattle Maritime Festival
Opening of Cruise Season
Opening Day of Boating Season sponsored by Seattle Yacht Club
Lake Union, Ship Canal, Lake Washington
Stories of the Sea Maritime Poetry and Song Slam sponsored by the Seattle Propeller Club
Highliner Public House, Fishermen’s Terminal
May 11 and 12
Northwest Paddling Festival sponsored by Northwest Marine Trade Association
Lake Sammamish State Park, Issaquah
Walking Tour of Fishermen's Terminal - FREE
10:30 a.m. - Noon
Sponsored by the Port of Seattle
RSVP to come
Harley Marine Seattle Maritime Festival Family Fun Day sponsored by the Seattle Propeller Club
Seattle Maritime Academy
Harley Marine Seattle Maritime Festival Breakfast sponsored by the Seattle Propeller Club
Marriot Waterfront Hotel
Tacoma Propeller Club Chowdown
National Maritime Day
May 26 - 27
NW Seaport Classic Workboat Show
South Lake Union Park
All events subject to change.